Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hillclimb 08'

View from our house


Running up the last stretch to the top


He made it!


Yesterday Luke ran the countries 3rd most vertical gain mountain race (5700 vertical feet). The picture I took above is the view from our house looking at Mount Ashland (the red arrow). The race started downtown in the park and went all the way to the very tippy top of Mt. A. This was his second time doing this yearly race here in Ashland. Besides getting some really intense leg cramps he came in 41st place out of 250!! Great job honey!!!

5 comments:

AnnaMay said...

Way to go Luke!

Mama in Uganda said...

YEAH!!!! I found your blog address through Bethany W.'s blog! What a blessing for me. I have a new blog titled, www.fromglory2glory.blogspot.com. Your little Noah is precious--oh, what a beautiful gift. We are now happy to have 6 kiddos running around--all under the age of six! Email me at mccourtney3@yahoo.com. Love and hugs

Denise, Walt Bresg said...

great accomplishment Luke!!

Jennie said...

That is awesome! I don't think I could ever do that :) Straight running is hard enough! I keep hoping we might make it up next weekend to Cindy's so I can meet you and that sweet Noah ... it depends on how Tone's work week goes ... keep your fingers crossed that it works out :)

Skeem's said...

Wow, nice job Luke, hills are not my favorite, that is awesome you did such a great job!! Crystal I can't wait to see you tomorrow, hurry up:)